[Newbies] smalltalk and squeak

James O'Brien obrienjs at comcast.net
Fri Nov 18 07:16:13 UTC 2011

Thank you for your suggestions.

I guess I'm thinking in terms of HyperCard. With HyperCard I could
script a button, field, card, stack, etc. With Squeak, I can't figure
out to change what the calculator's buttons do. If had created the
calculator with HyperCard, I could easily change how its buttons work.
Just open them and there's the script.

I've tried using the Browser, but can't access the Smalltalk code for
the calculator, whether I create it with Smalltalk in the Workspace or
build it using Morphic. Still don't get it.