[Newbies] Newbie stuck on page 43 of SBE getting syntax error trying to run SBEGame (Quinto)

dav0 dav0 at virtualsynthesis.net
Wed Aug 22 22:20:23 UTC 2012

Hmmm...  I tried saving & quitting, then downloading SqueakV39.sources.gz
from http://squeak.org/Download/, unzipping this and copying the
resulting SqueakV39.sources into my workspace and re-running my Squeak vm
and I can still reproduce the error.

I am also not sure what you mean by contemporary Squeak, but I am running
this on Linux Fedora, with the latest squeak-vm which I installed using yum
as follows:

$ yum install squeak-vm

$ squeak -version
3.10-5 #1 Mon Jun 21 22:10:08 UTC 2010 gcc 4.4.4
Squeak3.10beta of 22 July 2007 [latest update: #7159]
Linux x86-04.phx2.fedoraproject.org 2.6.18-194.3.1.el5 #1 SMP Sun May 2
04:17:42 EDT 2010 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
default plugin location: /usr/lib64/squeak/3.10-5/*.so

As for the love of debugging, let's just say that I'm sharing the love.
 :-)  Actually, I'd love to see this software work - it seems like a really
neat language toolset.

Thanks again,
Dave