[Newbies] Newbie stuck on page 43 of SBE getting syntax error trying to run SBEGame (Quinto)

dav0 dav0 at virtualsynthesis.net
Wed Aug 22 22:57:44 UTC 2012

Ah - OK.  That was where I started out too, but I wasn't quite able to get
much traction with that method because of an external drive issue: I had
originally wanted to set up my workspace on my external drive - which was
NTFS and Linux doesn't allow you to chmod on NTFS filesystems.  As a
result, I was never able to actually run the squeak.sh script there, so I
gave up on that zip and later ended up discovering the yum install - which
I far prefer anyway (I hope this isn't the problem).

So wouldn't the fact that I was able to run the example just fine when I
tried your first recommendation (loading the repository from the URL) mean
that my squeak-vm is ok?

Thanks
Dave