[Newbies] Beginners Digest, Vol 174, Issue 1

Jecel Assumpcao Jr jecel at merlintec.com
Wed Aug 3 00:19:17 UTC 2022

On Aug 2, 2022, at 4:06 PM, Ralph Boland asked:
[....]
> > All I want is for a single image (with a single screen
> > though perhaps multiple duplicate screens) to have
> > multiple mice and multiple keyboard inputs.
[....]
> > Is anybody doing any work in this direction?

Yoshiki Ohshima replied on Tue, 2 Aug 2022 16:45:36 -0700
> Ah, if that is the case, the Nebraska system would be a good
> starting point. There are some logistic issues like how to set
> a server and let others connect, etc. and I don't know how well
> it is maintained?. But when I was paying attention to it many
> years ago, Nebraska did work reasonably well.

Nebraska was probably removed from the official image long ago and it
would be hard to getting it working on a recent Squeak. And it involved
networking.

A discussion about multiple cursors on the squeak-dev list from about
two years ago has some interesting references that might help with the
single image on a single computer driven by multiple users problem:

> http://forum.world.st/Squeak-on-a-PostmarketOS-cellphone-td5120950i20.html

-- Jecel