[Box-Admins] Re: [squeak-dev] SqueakSource.com home page (was: Fix for OSProcess - Where to commit?)

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Fri Nov 15 01:52:09 UTC 2013

David,

Probably this is entirely unrelated, but...

For the last several days, a week or more I guess, we've had a problem
with source.squeak.org and I begin to wonder if there is not some common
denominator here.  In brief the source.squeak.org process will not run
under supervise, the exact behavior has varied as I've tried different
things, but most commonly the squeak process ends up as a defunct
process (it 'dies' but supervise doesn't realize it has).  I frankly
haven't spent a lot of time trying to work out what is going wrong, for
now I'm just starting it manually.  I feel like I must be missing
something obvious...

I wonder if sometime over the weekend or perhaps next week you might
have some time to chat with me, perhaps over Google Chat?  Perhaps
between the two of us we can improve both source.squeak.org and
squeaksource.com.

Ken

P.S. For those wondering, I can't email David directly, probably because
my SPF is fouled up or his provider doesn't like GoDaddy (who does? and
don't ask).  The last I heard though he does get my email through the
list.