[Cryptography Team] Initial package factoring complete (was: Re: some more repository things)

Cees De Groot cdegroot at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 19:17:01 CEST 2005

On 10/24/05, Chris Muller <chris at funkyobjects.org> wrote:
> I suppose
> you have a lot more confidence in the tools than I do.

Yup :)

> However, I decided against Monticello prereqs;
> one change to Base and you suddenly have to resave *eleven* packages, and we
> all know how buggy prereqs are.

You may want to try a diamond shape:
Cryptography-All (dummy package)
  Cryptography-MD4
    Cryptography-Base
  Cryptography-MD5

and agree with the team that you always save on the Cryptography-All
level. That's what we do with Kolibri, and it works fine.

But formally I'm not even a member of the team, so what am I doing here ;)

KISS is probably the way to go for now anyway.