[Cryptography Team] Initial package factoring complete (was: Re:some more repository things)

Ron Teitelbaum Ron at USMedRec.com
Mon Oct 24 20:51:03 CEST 2005

Thanks Chris and Cees for working through this.  I wish I had more to offer.
I would think that most people that would need cryptology would not need all
packages.  It's probably better to leave them as separate packages.  The
Base package is needed to eliminate duplication of those classes that are
used by all.

Maybe Hans-Martin or Rob have more to offer on the structure?

I'm still working through ASN.1.

Ron

-----Original Message-----
From: cryptography-bounces at lists.squeakfoundation.org
[mailto:cryptography-bounces at lists.squeakfoundation.org] On Behalf Of Cees
De Groot
Sent: Monday, October 24, 2005 1:17 PM
To: chris at funkyobjects.org; Cryptography Team Development List
Subject: Re: [Cryptography Team] Initial package factoring complete (was:

On 10/24/05, Chris Muller <chris at funkyobjects.org> wrote:
> I suppose
> you have a lot more confidence in the tools than I do.

Yup :)

> However, I decided against Monticello prereqs;
> one change to Base and you suddenly have to resave *eleven* packages, and
we
> all know how buggy prereqs are.

You may want to try a diamond shape:
Cryptography-All (dummy package)
  Cryptography-MD4
    Cryptography-Base
  Cryptography-MD5

and agree with the team that you always save on the Cryptography-All
level. That's what we do with Kolibri, and it works fine.

But formally I'm not even a member of the team, so what am I doing here ;)

KISS is probably the way to go for now anyway.