[Cryptography Team] Self-introduction

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at angband.za.org
Thu Jun 8 14:54:19 UTC 2006

Hi everyone,

Since this is my first post to the crypto list, I thought I'd introduce
myself.

* I've been playing with Squeak (as in programming outside work) for a few
years now, and have a couple unfinished projects under my belt (*).
* I've been programming for a living for nearly ten years now, almost
entirely in Delphi, but with a smattering of REXX and the usual suspects
(C++, Java, C#).
* I've been interested in crypto for a few years now, primarily from a
number theory point of view, but also from a practical point of view (that
is, as someone desiring strong encryption/authentication/etc.). I'm an avid
reader of Bruce Schneier's work, owning copies of most of his books, and
following his blog.

Hopefully I can contribute something to this very important work!

frank

(*) The thing of which I'm most proud, and is closest to completion, is my
Image Map Editor project on SqueakSource. It's stalled because of lack of
time, but I eventually intend rewriting the GUI to fit Tweak). And then
there's my SIP stack, also stalled for lack of time. It doesn't help that
most of my day is spent working on a SIP stack
(http://www.ictrnid.org.uk/index.html?softlib.html).