[Cryptography Team] Fwd: [squeak-dev] SSLSocket and basic http auth (api.del.icio.us or mail.google.com or ...)

Simon Kirk simon at pinesoft.co.uk
Sun Feb 22 22:32:23 UTC 2009

Hi all.

This list has been quiet for ages, but I hope that we can get some
kind of response here as there's been nothing on Squeak-Dev.

Please see the forwarded message below. It's part of a two-message
thread, there are two parties (my company, and pierre-edouard.portier at insa-lyon.fr
) trying to use SSLSocket, and having no joy.

Please can anybody help? I'm trying to use CurlPlugin as a workaround,
but this is for XML-RPC calls, which needs POST requests with a
customer content-type. The upshot is that CurlPlugin is unsuitable.

Ultimately, I'm thinking that if SSLSocket doesn't work, I'm going to
have to look to Gemstone or something, and that's a totally foreign
environment to me!

Cheers,
Simon

Begin forwarded message: