[Cryptography Team] Fwd: [squeak-dev] SSLSocket and basic http auth (api.del.icio.us or mail.google.com or ...)

UZONYI Levente leves at elte.hu
Wed Feb 25 07:38:55 UTC 2009

Hi!

Since the Cryptography Team doesn't exists anymore, the Cryptography
package is not maintained by anyone. The SSL implementation doesn't allow
easy debugging, you can't just turn on logging to see what's happening.
Following the state machine transitions should give you the answer why the
handshake isn't succeding. It might be related to certificates or
TLS->SSL3 fallback. If I were you, I would go with curl.
There are two ways to use curl for your stuff:
1. Modify CurlPlugin. Since the current version of CurlPlugin doesn't give
you access to the http headers, you have to add this feature to the plugin
and the api code.
2. The easier way is to use OSProcess and call the curl command
line utility directly. With the -H command line switch you can add or
modify http headers. This should work with linux and mac.

Cheers,
Levente