[Cryptography Team] Re: [squeak-dev] Crypto RSAWithSHA1 sign

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 16:51:21 UTC 2010

On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 10:44 AM, Rob Withers <reefedjib at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for this, Denis.   I will add it to the CryptoCore package tonight,
> after work.

Hey Rob?  I have been meaning to reach out to you about "Crypto" and
Squeak 4.2 integration.  The Cryptography package has a long history
and I am really averse to throwing all of that MC history out the
window.  I also cannot stand the slang name, "Crypto".  May we
_please_ re-integrate what you did for "Crypto" to the last MC version
of the original package, "Cryptography"?  That way we can preserve all
of the history.

Second issue:  So we now have SHA1, for exmaple,  in three different
packages. "Cryptography", "Crypto", and "System" (as
SecureHashAlgorithm).  Nicolas made some updates to the some of the
other in-image cryptography-related classes just recently, and so
those probably need to be folded into "Cryptography" as well.

 - Chris