[Elections] A simple SqF board elections solution using SqP

Daniel Vainsencher daniel.vainsencher at gmail.com
Sat Jan 14 16:48:56 CET 2006

I hope this message wraps up the current discussions:
1. There seems to be wide spread consensus on how the voting itself
should occur, which is summarized in the requirements page at
http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/5835
So as far as I can tell, there is not reason implementation for that
should not proceed.
2. The only objection to using SqP as a basis for the voters list was
Lex, and at least Ken, Peter and I think this is a reasonable basis. I
think it is close enough to consensus.

So I think that the voting system as described in the link above, is
reasonably well accepted, if someone has objections, make them heard.

Peter, Cees, you seemed to be interested in implementing this system or
parts. If you are, just go ahead and and do it, there are no live
alternative proposals. If you don't want to implement it now, please let
the list know, and I'll post a request for implementation to squeak-dev.

Daniel