[Elections] Time for a new election

Daniel Vainsencher danielv at tx.technion.ac.il
Sun Jan 21 12:24:46 UTC 2007

Hi everyone,

Its that time of the year again, and I'd like some help organizing it,
mostly in the sense of extra eyes, and there are also some particular
tasks that I would appreciate some help with.

First, here's the timeline I am thinking of using:

2 weeks for candidate registration and general discussion (time for
people to say what they want, convince their own favorites to run and so
forth).
- candidate registration deadline
2 weeks for discussion with candidates - time for the candidates to
present their platforms, and people to ask questions and so forth.
Parallel to this, voter registration.
- deadline for voter registration
1 week for voting
- elections end, announcement of results.

Second, the list of general tasks:
- Endorsing participation from sibling communities, setting up delegates
to them.
- Setting up the CIVS election
- Official and other posts to general list to get the process moving.

So, who's here and willing to help? any thoughts about the timeline?

Daniel