FW: [Elections] Squeak Elections Summary

Ron Teitelbaum Ron at USMedRec.com
Thu Mar 8 15:59:22 UTC 2007

> From: Ken Causey

> Is there no mechanism for sending them the same exact email again with
> the same exact ID number?  If so then it doesn't matter how many copies
> they get, they only get one vote per ID.  If not, that's very
> unfortunate, lost emails are a nearly unavoidable situation,
> particularly as the size of the voter pool increases which I both expect
> and look forward to.

There is a mechanism to send the same email again.  I think the issue that
Daniel is raising is that if a user had a bad email, they can submit a new
email to us and have us send a second ballot.  I believe that the system
does check that the same user from the same computer does not vote twice,
but I didn't check to see if that worked.  The number of people that had a
bad email was pretty small, and after I received an email from the
administrator I was able to see that each one that we sent out had a
corresponding bounce.  It would be much easier if the system automatically
reported bounces, but it does not.

I think Daniel's solution to send out emails before the ballot, and to
encourage people to sign in and check their email would be a good idea, but
it should be possible to recover lost passwords from squeak people.

Ron