FW: [Elections] Squeak Elections Summary

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Thu Mar 8 16:09:04 UTC 2007

Oh sure, I was not considering a change of email address, clearly that
is a problematic situation.  Yes, being more proactive about getting
people to confirm that their email address is valid before sending out
invitations is the key.  Perhaps we should consider adding an extra step
before voting that requires users to confirm their email address, maybe
a week before the voting invitations are sent out.

Ken

P.S. If someone ever gets around to re-implementing SqP we could perhaps
add something that randomly requires people to confirm their email
address year round and not simply in a clump right before the election.
Of course, I suppose this could also be done outside of SqP (outside of
its implementation I mean, not necessarily visibly seperate from the
site itself, from the user's perspective).