[Elections] Re: Add Dan

goran at krampe.se goran at krampe.se
Mon Feb 25 08:42:18 UTC 2008

Hi!

Sorry for late reply.

"Ron Teitelbaum" <Ron at USMedRec.com> wrote:
> Hi G=F6ran,
>
> Can you add Dan=92s name to the list of questions?  Maybe Monday would =
> be a good day to encourage candidates to answer questions.

Yep, done! :)

> We should set up a test election; we need the wording of emails that goes out.
> This is what we had last year:
>

> Squeak Foundation Board Elections 2007
>
> > The 7 highest rated candidates from the list will comprise the Squeak
> Foundation Board starting from the end of voting, and for a year. =
> Remember
> that your vote is considered as a ranking of all candidates. The virtual
> candidate "None Of The Above" should only be ranked over candidates that =
> you
> would prefer not to see in the Board at all. Some of the candidates have
> posted information about themselves and their candidacy on the =
> squeak-dev
> list or other places. The official 2007 elections site includes some
> information, and is at: http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/5920 (note in case =
> of
> a tie: final Results will follow The Condorcet completion rule: CIVS =
> Ranked
> Pairs)
>
> What do you think, should we change anything besides the link and the =
> date?

No, I think that would do fine. Possibly adjust the "some of the
candidates" depending on what they will do. :)

Do we know how to "set up a test election"? Who should I talk to? Ken?
You? Daniel?

I also took a peek at the list of Apprentices (great Ken!) and we should
go through that and try to warn people etc without valid emails. I can
do that stuff.

regards, Göran