how can I try?

Chris Muller afunkyobject at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 4 05:38:22 CET 2005

> The stress test runs all the test classes in the system then compiles
> the top ten methods from each class then reruns it. That should be a
> reasonable test to show that Exupery is reliable enough to play with.
> This is the SqueakSource version not the released SqueakMap version
> which is buggy.

Congratulations Bryce on this great work (in progress), and thanks too.  The
idea of a significant speed increase "for free" is very exciting to me.  After
reading the pages at http://www.kampjes.demon.co.uk/ it's evident the
complexity involved to achieve this is staggering.

I would like to get a whiff of it; I have some indexing stuff that spends most
of its time doing Integer (including LargePositiveInteger) arithmetic,
encapsulated into four or five methods.  I am very curious to run my test case
in an Exupery-loaded image.

Does it work in Windoze at the moment?  Sorry, I did not find install /
operational details on the site.  I did load the SqueakSource version 113 but
did not see any improvement in 0 tinyBenchmarks so I didn't bother with my
indexing test..

 - Chris