Introducing Huemul

Guillermo Adrián Molina guille at losmolina.com.ar
Wed May 23 03:37:30 UTC 2007

> Guille,
>
> 	can this be used to take a normal squeak and transform it's image
> into something that runs like huemul?
>
> 	cheers,
>
> Sebastian

Well. Yes and no.
If the question is, if someone would ever load a Squeak image in Huemul.
the answer is no.
Huemul will not have an image as we know it from normal smalltalks. When
finished, Huemul will load modules (as normal C libraries) on demand. May
be, one class per module. This modules and the small Huemul's executable,
will persist all the objects seen by the system.
On the other hand, Huemul *is* smalltalk, so, you may file in whatever you
want. I am trying to make as little modifications as I can to the
smalltalk code. Remember that the source of Huemul's classes is Squeak.
May be you have a web application that runs over seaside. It would be
possible that you could port your app without modifications at all to
Huemul.

Cheers
Guille