Introducing Huemul

sig siguctua at gmail.com
Thu May 24 14:38:20 UTC 2007

On 24/05/07, Sebastian Sastre <ssastre at seaswork.com> wrote:

> [...]

Yes, sometimes you need to stop the car, because changing the tires
while driving is impossible. Currently to write a plugin i need to use
slate, then compile it , stop the car (VM) and finally start using it.
With new architecture, which i propose you don't need to stop VM in
most cases and you having instant results. So, who stops the car? ;)

And if you talking about that i want to replace a slate, then i agree,
every custom plugin written in slate must be rewritten. But who will
argue about stopping the car, when tires you changing will give you
more speed and maneurability?

Also, don't forget that in spite of С compilers having heavy
optimizing algorithms , they still have limitations which you can't
avoid, because of language itself. For instance - you can't check the
integer overflow in C while summing two integers. Can't construct a
function calls based on previously unknown type info, and have no
dynamic type system.