Integrating NetStreams into the official Squeak release

Luciano Notarfrancesco lnotarfrancesco at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 29 21:07:35 UTC 2002

--- Craig Latta <craig.latta at netjam.org> wrote:
> 	I'm just about done packaging Flow 2
> alpha for release.

That's wonderful news! Thanks!

> I'm still hoping to get people using NetStreams
> via Flow 2a, and then later just remove the old
> streams/sockets.

Do you think there's a chance to get this into the
3.3a image? Or do you want to remove the old Stream
hierarchy before doing that? I think refactoring the
image to remove all dependencies on the old Streams is
a non-trivial task, and would be easier once Flow is
incorporated into the official release.

> I think it'll be another few days (hopefully
> before I travel again on Thursday, to DEFCON.

Cool! If you go to BlackHat, check out Maximilano
Caceres' talk on "Syscall Proxying-Simulating Remote
Execution". I have a Squeak implementation, with
shellcodes for Linux and Open/Free/NetBSD (x86). It's
part of a bigger project (my army of mobile agents).
I'll release this soon, probably next month.

Cheers,
Luciano.-

=====
http://community.corest.com/~luciano
CCB0 B2B0 BCCB 8178 CA8B  4C08 AE9B D2F2 E9CC E897