some more questions

Petr petr at madnetwork.org
Tue Mar 14 16:42:25 UTC 2006

Hello,
I have some more questions about Magma. The first one is, about objects
which can be stored. Here http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/5722 is
written, that any subclasses of Set and Dictionary are not supported and
they are not expected to work. Why? Does it mean, if I subclass a
Dictionary, I will not be able to save it in Magma?
My second question is about about the time required to load Magma into
my image. This is probably more a problem to be addressed to the
squeak-dev list. When I load Magma into fresh 3.8 image, it is pretty
fast, under 2 minutes. When I do the same in 3.9, it takes ages. It
happens with many other packages loaded from Monticello.
Third, is this list going to be archived by Gmane? I prefer it over
mailing, as I can easily look up things in older posts.
gmane.comp.lang.smalltalk.squeak.magma contains only information about
moving the list to mailman and there are no old messages and new are not
recorded.

Petr