Read Strategies (was Re: Magma on 3.7 report)

Bert Freudenberg bert at impara.de
Tue Mar 28 16:30:52 UTC 2006

Am 28.03.2006 um 08:20 schrieb Chris Muller:

>> I also fixed the use of instVarNames instead of allInstVarNames in
>> the MaReadStrategy
>
>  Another good improvement, thanks!

Hmm, doesn't work though, I get a walkback in inheritDeeperDepthsUsing:.

My strategy was this:

	(MaReadStrategy minimumDepth: 1)
		forVariableNamed: 'timestamp' onAny: SSVersion readToDepth: 99999;
		forVariableNamed: 'properties' onAny: SSVersion readToDepth: 99999;
		forVariableNamed: 'downloadStatistics' onAny: SSVersion
readToDepth: 99999;

Inheritance is this:

	Object #()
		SSModel #('timestamp')
			SSVersion #('author' 'versionInfo' 'dependencies' 'properties'
'downloadStatistics')

My workaround was to add this to my read stategy:

		forVariableNamed: 'timestamp' onAny: SSModel readToDepth: 0;

And wow does using the right strategy make a difference! I'm down
from 700 to 100 seconds initial load time.

Debug log attached.

- Bert -