Read Strategies (was Re: Magma on 3.7 report)

Chris Muller afunkyobject at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 29 04:56:11 UTC 2006

> Hmm, doesn't work though, I get a walkback in
> inheritDeeperDepthsUsing:.

Fixed in that latest version I just posted.  Thanks for letting me know
and for the detailed info.

> And wow does using the right strategy make a difference! I'm down
> from 700 to 100 seconds initial load time.

Yep, performance tuning is a primary purpose of ReadStrategy's.
Another purpose are those special-cases where objects that could end up
being arguments to a primitive or in-lined message like ==.  In those
cases, a ReadStrategy is the only way to maintain transparency.