Backups?

Chris Muller chris at funkyobjects.org
Thu May 25 03:42:34 UTC 2006

Ok Göran, TSTTCPW ended up being two short methods.  Its posted on
SqueakSource:

Name: Magma server-cmm.157
Author: cmm
Time: 24 May 2006, 10:36:44 pm
UUID: eaa93523-e407-0d4f-b7ed-a699fb5ec625
Ancestors: Magma server-cmm.154

- added MagmaRepositoryController>>#backupTo: targetFileDirectory.
	"Backup the repository to aFileDirectory while the repository is open.
 Make sure you have enough space.  All database requests will wait
patiently until all files are backed up and then resume automatically."

I've unit-tested it and all appears to work.  It uses Squeaks built-in
file-copying method (FileDirectory>>#copyFile:toFile:) which looks like
a 50K buffer.  Please load this one single package and make sure all is
well for you.  If so, I will update the map (Loader packages).