Magma with 3.9 : Outage when creating repository

Chris Muller chris at funkyobjects.org
Tue Oct 24 03:42:52 UTC 2006

Hi Florent, I'm with you!  In working on Magma's next release, I believe I have found the cause of this problem.  As I've mentioned, I think the cause of the problem was that 3.9 opens files in "text" mode insteaad of binary mode by default.  Opening a file in binary mode, closing it, then reopening it, puts it back to text mode!

So I have fixed this.  Please load the latest version of MagmaServerLoader from the Magma project on SqueakSource and I do not think you will encounter this problem again.

 - Chris