Magma+Pier integration It works!

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Sep 9 00:56:52 UTC 2006

The story so far....

you need Seaside latest
(Scriptaculous latest optional)
you need Pier
you need Magma, MagmaServerLoader from squeaksource/Magma or
squeaksource/MagmaTester

you need 'Magma seaside' from squeaksource/MagmaTester
you need Pier-Magma from the pier repository.

you will also need Pier-Seaside-kph.80 or greater
and Pier-Model-kph.79 or greater these are my changes to Pier that have
yet to be ratified by Lukas.

----

With all of that loaded.
1.  In pier configuration, add the WAMagmaConfiguration to the
configuation panels.
2.  override the magma repository setting, and 'Magma Control Panel'
should appear.
3. Enter a directory name for your pier repository (it doesnt have to be
a fully qualified pathname)
e.g. 'magma-pier' click 'Save' to accept this setting
4. Click on 'Magma Control Panel', which will inform you that the
repository does not exist.
4a. If you are on seasidehosting then you will have to manually create
the repository directory.
5. Given the list of options as to what repository to create, click the
'create' button (and wait).
6. The existing pier kernel should appear in the list with a 'persist'
button next to it, click 'persist'.
7. Try it and see!

I am about to go and try my own instructions out, and then I shall
upload a preloaded image to
ftp.seasidehosting.st username: preloaded password: squeak

let me know how you get on

Keith