Magma for 3.9

goran at krampe.se goran at krampe.se
Thu Sep 21 08:42:56 UTC 2006

Hi Keith!

Keith Hodges <keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Chris Muller wrote:
> > I've just posted Magma for Squeak 3.9 (7057) on the MagmaTester project.
> >

> Cool Chris, and just when I was getting used to 3.8 ;-)
>
> The logging is really helpful to learn how magma thinks. I am finding
> tuning reading easier than stubbing out!
>
> For example on my 700Mhz machine.
>
> Obtaining a MagmaSession using a WAMagmaSession takes almost 10 seconds.
> Whereas the WASharedMagmaSession does not have that overhead

In Gjallar we have Q2MagmaSessionPool (adapted from Cees code
originally) so when there is a bunch of sessions we pick one up from
there and do an abort to revive it etc. This should typically be a
standard component in Magma of course.

regards, Göran

PS. Gonna take a look at your logging stuff, I am just about to play
with strategies myself.