Session expire

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Sep 24 03:49:28 UTC 2006

Anyone using WAMagmaSession in your app, the implementation erroneously
implements the disconnect from the magmaSession in
WAMagmaSession>>#expire it should be in WAMagmaSession>>#unregistered

#expire is only called when the user explicitly resquests a new session
from the toolbar 'New Session' link.

#unregistered is called when Seaside automatically cleans up expired
sessions. This occurs randomly on about 1 in 10 new session
registrations. I.e. if you expected your magma sessions to clean up
after the 600 second timeout (like I have been) it does not happen. You
have to continue using seaside for a bit to trigger the cleanup process.

If I am correct, then I think this means that Pier-Magma is now ready to
rumble!

Keith