Read strategy notes

Chris Muller chris at funkyobjects.org
Mon Sep 25 01:35:05 UTC 2006

Hi Göran,

> Nope. Bad idea. :) The #readStrategy: send must be last because it will
> prepare it etc.

Yeah, thats true.  Maybe the prepare could/should try to be done later..  I'll check.

> Secondly - is there a reason for not having BlockContext in the 99-list
> in #initializeDefaultSpecifications?

Umm, it probably should be in there.  Actually, BlockContexts are stored in a storage object (MaBlockContextStorage), so it might actually need to be on that.  I'll check.

> Magma etc etc. So how do people deal with SortedCollections with
> sortBlocks?

Perhaps some substitute that can answer #value:value:.

While true local blocks like sort blocks can be stored and retrieved, the inherent trouble is being in the context of a method; changing the method later in the image appears not to work because the original sort block is still persisted in the database, it needs to be recommitted after the code change.