Using remote magma server problem

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 09:48:22 UTC 2007

On 10/08/07, Chris Muller <asqueaker at gmail.com> wrote:
> Put a halt in that method before it checks MaClientServerPreferences
> debug and tell me what "exc" is.

MaObjectSerializationSoftwareError: class-definition not found

it tries to find a class definition with id 207
while MaClassIdManager nextClassId is 206
at same time, on client side i have a two instances of
MaClassIdManager both have classes with id 207. I'm not sure which one
is used in anchor request, here their classDefinitionsById
dictionaries contents:

.... few hours later...

i finally found the cause!
It was because of assigning new read strategy to session just after
connecting to it.
I disabled assignment, and after this all works just fine (because
serializing anchor request graph not causes of serializing
readstrategy because its nil ).

Can you give an example in what sequence we must set read strategy ,
does it needs to be inside transaction and/or only after reifying root
object?
And why it works with local magma repository, but fails with remote?

> Also look at the the entire stack to see what led to the cause of the
> error.  If you paste me the stack I might be able to make an educated
> guess.
>
> Is there some modification you've made to Magma?  Anchor requests are
> made hundreds of times across the remote connection in the test cases.
>  I believe Hilaire also has tested his program across the Internet.
> Have you tried it in a standard Magma image (without Gjaller) to
> observe it works there before adding the additional Gjaller components
> in?

As far as i know, no modifications was made to magma (Keith - correct
me if i'm wrong)

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.