coordinating Magma development - configurations

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 19:28:43 UTC 2007

Thank you for reply. I was bit worried you didn't replied to message
about dictionaries, where i described what causing problems with my
dicts.
A reason is quite surprising: because they too fast :)

On 24/08/07, Chris Muller <ma.chris.m at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Sig, I guess I did not see your email about the Dictionary's, but
> here is my reply to Keith after he asked.
>
> I won't have time to get too much into benchmarking in the near future
> (plate is overflowing) but am grateful for your work (as I'm sure all
> Magma users are).
>
> I want to establish an appropriate benchmark (maybe add an additional
> to MagmaBenchmarker) and try all of the below-mentioned solutions;
> Martin Loewies', yours, HashTable and any other possibilities.
>
> Best obviously is if the MagmaBenchmarker can identify which ones are
> most suitable but I think the existing tests in there are a bit too
> short (not enough entires in the Dictionary's, they don't test that)
> to really reveal what would be the best dictionary, so we need to add
> an additional test to the output.
>
> Thanks.
>   Chris

Oh, this enhancement is not complete , i added a choice to select
WeakKeyIdentityDictionary class, but not WeakValueDictionary.
While testing Db, which Florian gave me i noticed, that most speed
impact lies on replacing WeakValueDictionary.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.