Magma and package universe

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Dec 23 12:50:21 UTC 2007

Norbert Hartl wrote:
> Hi,
>
> one year after trying magma the last time I give it another
> try. In the meantime there is package universe which seems
> to ease the installation of necessary parts. But I'm a
> little confused. I read about Keith' seaside helper. There
> is a another magma seaside package provided by Chris. The
> package from Keith is not using the one from Chris.
> There is Magma-Seaside and Magma-Seaside-alpha. The alpha
> package depends on Seaside-beta which is not available any-
> more. If I'm right the Seaside 2.8 was seaside-beta until
> it became stable, right?
>
> So what to use?
>
> thanks,
>
> Norbert

The history,

Magma seaside was originally developed by Brent I think, I added a
number of things to it later on.

Magma seasideHelper is a new version of 'Magma seaside' framework
incorporating many things learnt from using magma on projects.
 It includes all of the features that were in Magma seaside and more
besides.

Since there are already projects using Magma seaside I felt that it
needed a new name to distinguish it. Also it will be up to Chris to
update universes

Keith