Magma and package universe

Norbert Hartl norbert at hartl.name
Sun Dec 23 11:54:27 UTC 2007

Hi,

one year after trying magma the last time I give it another
try. In the meantime there is package universe which seems
to ease the installation of necessary parts. But I'm a
little confused. I read about Keith' seaside helper. There
is a another magma seaside package provided by Chris. The
package from Keith is not using the one from Chris.
There is Magma-Seaside and Magma-Seaside-alpha. The alpha
package depends on Seaside-beta which is not available any-
more. If I'm right the Seaside 2.8 was seaside-beta until
it became stable, right?

So what to use?

thanks,

Norbert