Lava SQL and JDBC driver

Brent Pinkney brent at zamail.co.za
Sun Dec 23 08:55:57 UTC 2007

Hi,

> I'm just starting to read about Magma and the Lava SQL abstraction
> layer. Is there a JDBC driver for it so that it could "pretend" to be
> just any other relational database

No - but it is in the roadmap :) Indeed the onlyreason for Lava was to allow Magma to be used in IT environments where someone,sonewhere would like to make anad hoc query.

Unofrtunately, I have not had the time this year to work on it. I have however done some investigation and unixODBC is the way to go on all platforms.

I can be enticed back should others wish to collaborate on the odbc driver code.

Brent

--
Openwave Systems Inc.
South Africa