Lazy commit strategy.

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 01:03:51 UTC 2007

The default setting for
refreshPersistenObjectsEvenWhenChangedOnlyByMe, false, means a begin
will only refresh objects changed by others, not your own.  You have
not lost your work, so it can still be committed.

I have never considered it as a commit strategy myself, but it could
be useful to remain outside a transaction, working a long time on the
model until ready to commit.  For example:

"User does a whole bunch of work on the model"

"User is ready to commit, merge everyone elses changes into his own"
mySession begin.

"user reviews integrated model, makes any additional updates"

"Done reviewing, everything looks good."
mySession commit.

 - Chris