Fwd: Magma Remote Sessions

Brent Pinkney brent at zamail.co.za
Sat Sep 1 11:12:35 UTC 2007

Hi,
> > and I think Brent may have successfully implemented the multi-image
> > configuration described on that page under "Remote Connections".
> > Goran and I have discussed it in the past, but I don't know whether he
> > ever tried it in earnest.  If so, I hope he will comment about this.

We used this successfully with the following notes:

1. We have one MagmaSession per Seaside session in each Seaside image
2. We have one Magmer Server image open.

This worked well as we have a simple mechansin to pre-allocate one MagmaSession for speed.

The ony problem we ever have was running the Magma Server image on *NIX (linux/solaris) in headles or on a vncserver.
In this case, we had real problem with TCP connections in the magma server just hanging.

I would like to hear other peoplese experience on *NIX.