Setting up a repository

Germán Arduino garduino at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 13:12:19 UTC 2008

Hi Guys:

I'm newbie with Magma, but finally want to try it.

I want to test a system that is a singleton, whose root class inherits from
Object.

The problem is that the system is really big, with lots of instances of
business objects and, as I don't know another way, I tried (as stated on
Getting Started):

  MagmaRepositoryController
    create: 'c:\myMagmaFolder'
    root: Dictionary new

were instead "Dictionary new" I did "MySystem current" (the singleton
instance that permit to reach all the objects of the system).

And here start the doubts:

1. Soon I get the serialization problem with the 10MB limit. How I should
manage this situation to create the repository by parts, to avoid the size
problem, doing commits more frequently if all I can do is point my whole
system to #root: ?

2.  If the system were little (not problem with the serialization limit),
only doing the above sentence I get the repository and the objects
persistent?

3. Is acceptable to use a class that inherits from Object instead Dictionary
(as in the example) to point the root object? Considerations of each
alternative?

4. Is acceptable/possible to have more than 1 repository to 1 system ?

Well, it's all for now, sorry if are so simple questions, but as I've said,
I'm stating with Magma.

Cheers.

--
Germán S. Arduino