Hang while commiting objects with attribute as MagmaCollection+index

Hilaire Fernandes hilaire at ofset.org
Tue Jan 8 09:27:44 UTC 2008

Le lundi 07 janvier 2008 à 21:30 -0500, Chris Muller a écrit :
> Hi Hilaire, from your first post, you wrote:
>
> > In the Learner initialization if I remove the addIndex:, the process run
> > at a constant speed and finish.
>
> Then the initialization code with, presumably, the way that does NOT
> exhibit the problem:
>
> IFILearner>>initialize
>        super initialize.
>        schoolYear := #CE2.
>        learningStates := MagmaCollection new.
>        learningStates
>                "addIndex: (MaCompetencyIndex attribute: #competency);"
>                addIndex: (MaFloatIndex attribute: #acquisitionLevel)
>
> If this is the case, please review your MaCompetencyIndex.  It sounds

Sorry to be unclear about my code sample, the maCompetencyIndex is never
used. And the hang occure when using standard indexes. The more there
are indexes the quicker the hang.

From you example, and adapted to my use case I added a loop to stack
some object:

I can stack 120 objects just fine. If I stack 150 objects it hangs, and
currently no OID/indexes files appear in the DB folder, just the
commits, object*, applied.* files and folder

|mc subMc|
mc := MagmaCollection new
       addIndex: (MaIntegerIndex attribute: #key);
       yourself.
1 to: 150 do:
	[:i | subMc := MagmaCollection new
 	      addIndex: (MaIntegerIndex attribute: #key);
 	      yourself.
	subMc add: i ->'subMc'.
	mc add: ((i +150)->subMc)].
Transcript show: ' Done '.
MagmaRepositoryController create: '/tmp/hilaireTest' root: mc

Hope we can find the issue

hilaire