Magma and Magma on Pharo questions

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 02:14:31 UTC 2009

> I am very sad to find yet another person in the squeak community who
> thinks that the default position is that it is better to avoid using or
> supporting other peoples contributions.

I don't think that at all.  It's just that a great number of factors
affect what goes into the software, some of which have nothing to do
with the quality and suitability of your contributions.
Magma-seasideHelper sounds great, I certainly didn't mean to sound
critical of it.

> It is due to this attitude that
> I have concluded that I have been wasting my time and I am withdrawing
> from making any further contributions to squeak and or pharo.

Well, I don't think that is a prevailing attitude in our community.
The reason collaboration doesn't happen as much as you, me, all of us,
want it to is because it's just so difficult a thing to accomplish..

Your contributions have been great, I hope you will change your mind
and stay with the community.

Best,
  Chris