Fwd: The role of magma on the Pharo

Stuart Herring st-lists at stuartherring.com
Thu Aug 13 04:14:12 UTC 2009

gah, keep forgetting to CC the list.
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Stuart Herring <st-lists at stuartherring.com>
Date: 2009/8/13
Subject: Re: The role of magma on the Pharo
To: Miguel Enrique Cobá Martinez <miguel.coba at gmail.com>

2009/8/12 Miguel Enrique Cobá Martinez <miguel.coba at gmail.com>:

> Well I'm trying to do my part too. I just wanted to start a discussion
> not a flame war.

I recognise that, and it's a good and useful discussion to be having.
My apologies if I came across as flamy.

>> You could probably get an idea of the pros and cons of each of those
>> approaches by going back through the Seaside and Magma lists, as the
>> topics have come up a few times.
> Yes, maybe I could, but what about someone that for the first time
> arrives to smalltalk and to object databases. They want to know a list
> of pros/cons without reading the complete archives of magma, seaside,
> pharo and squeak list just for evaluating which alternative to go for.

Actually, what I meant here was that someone could do that and then
compile the results of that research into a wiki page.  I agree that
it's not much having to trawl through mailing lists to find basic
information like that.

Regards,
Stuart