difference between MaDictionary and MagmaDictionary

Facundo Vozzi facundov79 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 13:21:41 UTC 2010

On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 9:29 AM, Esteban Lorenzano <estebanlm at gmail.com>wrote:

> mmm...
> AFAIU the objective of using magma collections is to avoid the read/write
> of big collections.... and I have this structure:
>
> MaDictionary
>        key -> MagmaCollection (big)
>        key -> MagmaCollection (big)
>        key -> MagmaCollection (big)
>
> If I replace MaDictionary with Dictionary, I will be reading/writing the
> full dictionary each time I add an element to the dictionary... isn't?

I think that you need replace MaDictionary with MagmaPreallocatedDictionary
not with standard Dictionary.

> btw... I'm using an unique MagmaSession to connect to repository (no real
> need of other... no more than 3 users connected at the same time)... and the
> real reason I'm asking this is because my application continues crashing
> each one or two days, and I can't figure out what's happening :(

Do you think that MaDicitonary is causing your crash ?

> So, any "best practice" I can use would be really welcome (I'm a little bit
> lost here... I'm new to magma in production, used just for toy project
> before this :( )

I'm using a session peer user, my root is my singleton (ReportSystem unique
instance) and I don't have MaDictionary. I'm using
MagmaPreallocatedDictionary and MagmaCollection with standard
OrderedCollection for many small objects collections on my model.
We're testing with no more than 3 concurrent users (for now) but I didn't
have any crash so far.

> Cheers,
> Esteban

See you,