depoyment

Milan Mimica milan.mimica at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 18:48:02 UTC 2011

Hello List!

I'm developing a small website in Seaside and using Magma for
persistence. Now it's time to deploy the project to a server where
development would continue in a more real environment. I'm not sure how
to do it, since I've never deployed a smalltalk image.

I was going to run the Magma server in a separate VM, containing not a
lot more than needed by Magma. Let's say a plain Pharo image with Magma
installed. Seems reasonable to me, but is it a good idea to have it
separated from the WEB server and the only client?

The other thing I'm concerned about is stopping the server. How do I
shut it down gracefully when running in headless mode?

--
Milan Mimica
http://sparklet.sf.net