[Pharo-users] [pharo-users] Can't Load Magma in Pharo 1.3

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 22:54:59 UTC 2011

On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 4:56 PM, jtuchel <jtuchel at objektfabrik.de> wrote:

> Hi Mariano
>
> thanks a lot. This change feels much better.
>
> I could solve my problem by changing this one line manually and proceeding
> the load. This is of course just a dirty workaround.
>
> Still I'd like to understand how I can find the place at which the package
> version for OSProcess is defined within the prerequisite chain of
> ConfigurationOfMagma. I couldn't find it yet... ;-)

For those cases I usually do something along:
ConfigurationOfMagma project lastVersion record loaderPolicy loadDirective

- I use #record instead of #load to avoid actually loading everything.
Record will fetch everything but not actually load each package.
- I use #lastVersion in this example, but you can use the version you want.

As you can see, the trick is loaderPolicy loadDirective, which answers all
the stuff it will load and the order:

->
 linear load :
    linear load : 1.2 [ConfigurationOfMagma]
        load : ConfigurationOfMaClientServer
    linear load : 1.2 [ConfigurationOfMagma]
        linear load : 1.3 [ConfigurationOfMaClientServer]
            load : ConfigurationOfMaBase
        linear load : 1.3 [ConfigurationOfMaClientServer]
            load : ConfigurationOfOSProcess
        linear load : 1.3 [ConfigurationOfMaClientServer]
            linear load : 1.0 [ConfigurationOfMaBase]
                load : Collections-BTree-lr.73
                load : Ma exception handling-cmm.38
                load : Ma base additions-cmm.193
                load : Ma proxy support-cmm.45
                load : Ma Squeak domain-cmm.34
                load : MaFixedWidthReport-cmm.7
                load : Ma special collections-cmm.120
                load : Ma traverse object graphs-cmm.32
                load : Ma Statistics-cmm.25
                load : Ma files additions-cmm.13
                load : Ma contextual search-cmm.36
                load : Ma object serialization-cmm.250
                load : Ma object serialization tester-cmm.34
                load : Ma special collections tester-cmm.15
            linear load : 4.4.0 [ConfigurationOfOSProcess]
                load : OSProcess-dtl.59
            load : Ma client server-cmm.217
            load : Ma Armored Code-cmm.150
            load : Ma client server tester-cmm.22
        load : WriteBarrier-cmm.28
        load : Magma client-cmm.540

So it seems ConfigurationOfMagma requires ConfigurationOfMaClientServer,
which requires ConfigurationOfOSProcess.
So there you go.
For more details you may want to read the metacello chapter of PBE2:
https://gforge.inria.fr/scm/viewvc.php/*checkout*/PharoByExampleTwo-Eng/Metacello/Metacello.pdf?root=pharobooks

Cheers

> Joachim
>
> --