two, hopefully, small issues

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 16:10:51 UTC 2011

Hi Milan.  Currently all of the Magma tests pass on Pharo 1.3, but
yes, there are several areas where Pharo or Magma will need to be
updated to be 100% on Pharo.  Be sure also to get the change-set patch
for Pharo of items I expect to eventually be adopted into the standard
image.

The halt is there on purpose because it is a long-standing bug with
Avi's original WriteBarrier that, when it occurs, will need to be
closely looked at at that point in the code.  It could only possibly
happen when changing the class-definition of a class with instances
behind WB, so it probably wouldn't happen in prod (presumably, your
tests would catch it anyway, right?  :).

For PointerFinder, I didn't look at your patch, but wouldn't you need
to put the correct code in the -Pharo platform package?  I'm fine to
move the PointerFinder reference to the -Squeak package if necessary.
People of Pharo, please let me know!

Also, for patches, please submit them directly to the Magma Inbox
(a.k.a., "Magma tester") project of Squeaksource.  It is public
writable.

Thanks,
  Chris