getting up and running

Daniel Lyons fusion at storytotell.org
Sat Mar 12 19:47:53 UTC 2011

On Mar 12, 2011, at 8:08 AM, Amir Ansari wrote:

> The latest Magma works fine on Pharo 1.1.  I didn't have any luck on 1.2, however (not surprisingly, as it's not a stable release...).

Amir,

Sorry to bother. I tried this:

	Gofer new
		squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
		package: 'ConfigurationOfMagma';
		load.

	((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfMagma) project latestVersion) load

And this produced 'Error: Unable to resolve ConfigurationOfMagma' on a blank Pharo 1.1.1 image. I found documentation saying to add an HTTP repository to the Monticello Browser with the URL http://www.squeaksource.com/Magma. I do so and re-run the above code and then I get this error: 'MetacelloProjectSpecLoadError: No version found for #stable of ConfigurationOfMaClientServer'. Proceeding from there produces a warning that the package depends on MaEnvironmentError, MaVariableBuffer and a number of other classes. If I proceed through that, I don't seem to wind up with a MagmaRepositoryController class.

Any idea what steps I'm missing?

Thanks again,

—
Daniel Lyons