getting up and running

Amir Ansari fractallyte at csi.com
Sun Mar 13 06:51:13 UTC 2011

I installed it manually from the 'MagmaTester' repository on SqueakSource.

The order of packages is listed here: http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/magma/2010-November/001620.html
(For Magma client, you only need to go as far as 'Magma client-cmm.520'; for server, install everything.)

BUT - before anything else - install WeakOrderedCollection: http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/magma/2010-November/001612.html
(The attachment has suffix 'bin', but it's actually 'gz', so change the suffix before extracting it.  Use the file browser to load it into Pharo.)

Also, for getting started, check out Laurent Laffont's excellent screencast at: http://www.pharocasts.com/2010/02/magma-object-oriented-database.html

Hope that helps!

Amir