[Release] Latest MC1.5 broken?

Matthew Fulmer tapplek at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 07:23:58 UTC 2008

On Sun, Jun 01, 2008 at 01:49:13PM +0100, Keith Hodges wrote:
> The latest MC1.5 has got smaller finally! The package has been split into
> two.
>
> Monticello.impl
> Monticello.test

I tried loading these into my image, and I am unable to do so.
Starting with an image with Monticello-kph.481 and
PackageInfo-kph.27, I tried loading PackageInfo-kph.35,
Monticello.impl-kph.501, and Monticello.test-kph.2

First, I tried loading MC and PI normally. After I loaded one,
but not the other, I got some error. I forget what

Next, I tried bootstrapping. I loaded the source.st from each.
In the middle of the MC file-in, I got an error, due to
some interaction between SystemChangeNotifier and MC

Next, I tried manually halting SystemChangeNotifier by changing
the value of silenceLevel to 1 in the inspector. I filed-in both
MC and PI, re-enabled SystemChangeNotifier, and loading the MC
and PI packages. I then tried loading the MC.tests package, but
that then made the MC.impl package have a star next to it. So I
tried reloading again MC-kph.501, but then I got an error due to
a missing extension method

So, I'm unsure how to proceed.

My system is 3.10 + whatever LPF was current a few days ago
(when I started debugging the MC ivars bug)