[Release] Release progress

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jun 3 02:36:23 UTC 2008

Hello All,

There has been a fair bit of progress towards our Sake/Tasks's version
of ReleaseBuilder.
Although LPF uses external scripts to get going, once the basic tools
are loaded we start to implement the rest of the release building
process using tasks.

To have a look load the following into 3.10

Installer upgrade.
Installer install: 'LevelPlayingField'.
Installer install: 'Packages'.
Installer install: 'Tasks'.

If you are feeling really brave try

TaskRelease next taskGenerateTestCandidate run.

We have a bug fix task which downloads and records the complete mantis
report for each bug fix loaded. The result will be a that we
automatically document all fixes that have been applied for this release.

best regards

Keith.

========

Here is an example task which calls in a bug fix:

TasksReleaseAfterSqueak310-#taskCleanDeprecated

    ^ self define: [ :task |

        task dependsOn: {
           '6866 Refs Stop CurrentProjectRefactoring Removal'.
        }.

        task action: [
            Preferences noviceModeSettingChanged. "remove any old
morphic key bindings"
            Installer mc unload: '39Deprecated'.
        ]
    ].

the documentation looks like this as generated form mantis

m6866RefsStopCurrentProjectRefactoringRemoval

Installer mantis bug:6866 fix:'RemoveCurrentProjectRefactoring.2.cs'.

""""""
Bug ID: 0006866
Category: [Squeak] System
Severity: trivial