[Seaside-dev] Handling of session expiration

Esteban A. Maringolo emaringolo at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 15:37:12 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I've been stressing Seaside on Dolphin, with very good results, but as
the test goes by the amount of garbage grows, and is never claimed
back, leaving some continuations referenced by action handlers which
will never be activated.

If I place a background process cleaning all the handlers every 30
seconds, the image runs very well, with no unnecesary continuations,
nor nothing undesired.

[[Processor sleep: 30000. WARegistry clearAllHandlers. true ] repeat]
forkAt: Processor userBackgroundPriority .

How do you handle the "cleaning" of undesired/expired
WARequestHandler's? (and all of its subclasses).

I've run the same test against Seaside on Squeak, and evaluating
"Continuation allSubinstances" answer a very large list of instances
too, so I believe this issue is not Dolphin-only.

Best regards,

--
Esteban A. Maringolo
eMaringolo at gmail.com