[Seaside-dev] Handling of session expiration

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 16:24:00 UTC 2007

> If I place a background process cleaning all the handlers every 30
> seconds, the image runs very well, with no unnecesary continuations,
> nor nothing undesired.
>
> [[Processor sleep: 30000. WARegistry clearAllHandlers. true ] repeat]
> forkAt: Processor userBackgroundPriority .

You will also loose all your active sessions every 30 seconds. Most
certainly you don't want this.

> How do you handle the "cleaning" of undesired/expired
> WARequestHandler's? (and all of its subclasses).

Seaside clears up old sessions every now and then wenn a new session
is created. Have a look at #shouldCollectHandlers and friends. This is
also the reason why sessions do not just disappear if not used. You
will always have a couple of sessions and associated objects lingering
around, even if none of them are active at the moment.

> I've run the same test against Seaside on Squeak, and evaluating
> "Continuation allSubinstances" answer a very large list of instances
> too, so I believe this issue is not Dolphin-only.

Usually this is not a problem.

http://www.lukas-renggli.ch